www.beck-ipc.com
www.beck-ipc.comwww.beck-ipc.com  | ImprintImprint
FAQFAQ  | SearchSearch  |
RegisterRegister   |LoginLogin

GM01 only with RS232

Questions and discussions about IPC@CHIP® hardware addons (e.g. FK61-WL01)

GM01 only with RS232

Postby Aldo Om. » 30.05.2011, 07:44

I would use the GM01 module as an external option of a system operated by the SC143 only connect the RS232 port. Into RS232 I managed only the signals RX-TX-RTS-CTS but not the DCD signal. I intend to make only the GPRS connection. Let me know if this is possible without the DCD signal, IGN and RESET of the GM01 module. The system when powered-on must always try to establish a GPRS connection without operator intervention. In the case of lost connection (does not have the DCD signal) may be able to wait 3 minutes and then start again? IGN and RESET signals can be software ignored?

Re: GM01 only with RS232

Postby Andre Pribil » 30.05.2011, 15:20

Hello,

DCD and RESET are optional to use, but IGN is required by the GMLIB to power-on/off the modem.

Best regards,
André Pribil
Software Development
Beck IPC GmbH

Postby Aldo Om. » 30.05.2011, 17:33

So this means that:
- The input from the /RESET drived by GM01 can always be connected to VCC (no active)?
- The input from the DCD drived by GM01 can always be left active?
- Failure of all functions into main program must, after a pause, restart the software?
- The IGN signal can always be kept active, leaving the GM01 always on?
I only use a GPRS connection and then be left the GM01 powered all the time with the whole system.

Postby Andre Pribil » 31.05.2011, 13:34

Hello,

RESET and DCD are inputs for the CPU and outputs for the GM01 modem.

The GM0x library can be configured to ignore the DCD and RESET lines if -1 is passed as PIO number.
But a valid PIO for IGN is required by the current library.

If you wire the IGN modem pin always to its active state, you're loosing the possibility to reset the modem in case of an error. So I don't recommend that.

Regards,
André Pribil
Software Development
Beck IPC GmbH

Return to Hardware Addons