www.beck-ipc.com
www.beck-ipc.comwww.beck-ipc.com  | ImprintImprint
FAQFAQ  | SearchSearch  |
RegisterRegister   |LoginLogin

SC143 LF H04 SN:00037BAB

Questions and discussions about the hardware of the IPC@CHIP® products SC123, SC143, SC23 and SC24.

SC143 LF H04 SN:00037BAB

Postby rushi22 » 02.01.2019, 11:04

I have SC143 LF H04 Sn: 00037BAB. I want to decode programme of this chip. Is it possible? If yes how i can do that

Re: SC143 LF H04 SN:00037BAB

Postby Jack Gatrost » 06.01.2019, 19:14

Not sure what you want to decode, or what you mean by "programme of this chip". If you are referring to the built in Real-Time Operating System, the answer is yes, this could be decoded. The only question would be: Will you live long enough to finish the job?

By disassembling the memory resident code, a large army of people could reverse engineer and discover the program. But beware that disassembling 80186 code is very difficult. Determining instruction alignment is one of the challenges. And what portion of the pile of numbers is program data, and which are instructions is another thing that needs sorting out.

There certainly must be some better use of your time.

If all you want to know is what version of the @Chip-RTOS-x86 is loaded, the console should show you this much.
Jack Gatrost
Software Development
Beck IPC GmbH

In addition to what Mr. Gatrost wrote: dissembling your own executable can be just as daunting (depending on how complex it is of course). Trying to recover the source code or re-writing is usually less time consuming than reverse engineering even moderately simple programs.
Michael G. Etairidis
Software Development
Beck IPC GmbH

Return to SC1x3/SC2x